OPie ships with several pre-configured (or self-configuring) action rings for you to use – but what are those?
OPie rings are sets of "slices" (actions – spells, items, companions, other rings, and more) that appear when you press a ring-specific hotkey. You can then select which slice you want to use by moving your mouse in its general direction. When you release the binding, the action assigned to that slice is performed.
When you press a hotkey bound to a specific ring, OPie shows the ring selection indicator. By moving your mouse to the desired action's sector and then releasing the ring hotkey, you select the action to execute.
The amount of information that is displayed as you press the ring binding can be configured using the /opie options. In general, the center ring and the rotating pointer are always displayed, and may change color in response to the currently selected actions; the ring glows if that action can be performed (i.e. target of the spell is in range and so on).
Additionally, icons and cooldowns of individual slices (and even sub-rings) can be displayed to assist you in making the selection. You can rotate sub-rings by scrolling using your mouse wheel.
The following rings are currently part of the OPie package.
|Stances||Shields and wards
Teleports and portals
|Trinkets||Trade skills||Raid marks||Tracking skills|
Customize key bindings
You can modify key bindings used by the rings through the OPie configuration dialog.
- Type /opie, or open the Interface Options dialog (accessible via the main menu) switch to AddOns tab, and choose Bindings under OPie.
- Click on a key binding you'd like to change, then press the desired new key binding (or the Unbind Ring button to remove the keybinding).
Creating new rings
You can create your own rings using OPie's Custom Rings configuration dialog.
- Type /rk, or open the Interface Options dialog (accessible via the main menu) switch to AddOns tab, and choose Custom Rings under OPie.
- Click "Create new Ring", choose a new ring name.
- Pick up and drop macros, spells and items into the configuration frame.
- Choose a default binding for the ring by clicking on the keybinding button. This binding can always be overriden through /opie.